Friday 6 March 2015

Mike Leavitt: Iconic Shoes

Seattle-based artist Mike Leavitt created a series of cardboard shoes for the ‘Don’t Stop Object Shopping’ exhibition at NYC’s Fuse Gallery last April. The sculptures show what shoes like Air Jordan IVs, adidas Gazelles and Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars would look like in recyclable form.




Mike Leavitt's "Don't Stop Object Shopping" cardboard shoe series inspired me to make my own 3D cardboard shoes with my own twist to it though. Mike's series are realistic in both size and detail where as mine is more of an abstract version of trainers with my own design theme.
Mike's art is well created and very inspirational for those that like cardboard sculptures and well shoes basically... 
I like Mike's work as it gave me the inspiration to think out side the box and to push my limits with 3D creations as well as doing an unusual technique of sewing cardboard together. Plus improving on other techniques like lino and mono printing, also onto fabric which was new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment